9:30am update:
Lilo survived the night. She is still weak, but in good spirit. I slept on the floor with her and Gizmo last night. She was drinking throughout the night. I took her out for a potty break at around 2:30am. (shortly after that, I stepped on my phone and now it's broken. Great!) Then I fed her some chicken (she ate willingly) and we went back to sleep. No seizure, so her blood glucose must be ok.
Took her out again around 8am. Fed her some canned food and chicken broth since she wasn't interested in real chicken. Now we're waiting for Dr. P to call back and see what we should do next in terms of meds. Dr. Klaser at the Referral Center didn't send along sodium and potassium supplements because she didn't expect Lilo to make it through the night.
11:25am update:
We'll be bringing Lilo over to Dr. P's at 1:15pm to remove the IV catheter and pick up some more Zeniquin. She initiated to play with Gizmo! Whoah, that's a huge progress! Gizmo ran away, leaving Lilo sitting on my make shift bed in the middle of the living room.
Evening update:
Got a bit busy and didn't get a chance to update. Since the catheter was just put in on Friday, before we picked up Lilo, we've decided to keep it in case Lilo needs IV fluids over the remainder of the weekend. (catheter are good for 3 days but requires daily maintenance.) The technician showed me how to flush it.
Lilo seemed ok for the rest of the day. She didn't eat very much but drank and urinated regularly. She also ate some grass when I took her out. Since she ate so much in one day, we're waiting for her bowel movement. Maybe the grass will help start that.

No comments:
Post a Comment