Yesterday, I heard bird chirping over at the fireplace. So I went to investigate but didn't find anything. But I was convinced I could find it!!!! Of course, my family members thought I was just being a weird dog. But Marty was by my side (at least for a little bit).
I spent the whole afternoon staring at the aloe plant. I could hear the bird but it never came out of the aloe plant...BTW, this aloe plant has quite a strong spirit. I rarely see anyone water it ever since I moved into this house in May 2008. It was pushed to the corner b/c it kept tipping over. (probably needs a bigger pot!) But look at it, it grows bigger everyday. Kinda weird.
So today, during lunch time, I heard it again! But this time, it was at the foyer, near the a/c vent. Then I heard it at the door to the basement. Claire finally took me seriously and got Cameron to help with the investigation. So the three of us went to the basement. And THERE WAS THE BIRD!!!! Cameron and Claire were hitting the vent / ceiling with brooms, trying to get the bird to fly out of the backdoor. I was hoping that the bird could come down and play with me for a bit, and then be part of my dinner.
After maybe half an hour...they couldn't hear or see the bird and went back upstairs. AND, made me go up too! What the heck??? I wanted to stay down there with the bird! I knew it was still there. I could hear it!!!! With my access to the basement denied, the only thing I could do was to guard the basement door--for 3 hours.
Thank God, Claire and Cameron decided to look for the bird again in the basement. I was overjoyed! No luck again. As Claire and I were climbing the stairs back up to the first floor, the bird flew out of the door with us.
The bird at the foyer. (Our foyer area opens up to the second floor. So the bird was sitting at the window on the second floor, which means, we couldn't get close to it)
And it started flying. And flew to Karen's room. I was chasing after it from the first floor, up the stairs to the second floor, and into Karen's room. Karen and Cameron were trying to free the bird. I tried so hard to tell them, to catch the bird, so I can have my own pet. (and eventually eat it too!!! hehe)
They said bird flew out the window. I was in despair. I went back to Karen's room a few times just to make sure they didn't lie to me. ugh...so sad :(
Later on, I met Penelope, the guinea pig. But it was in the cage. At least I get to see it close, so I guess that's ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment