Gizmo has been living with us for 2 weeks now, and we still have a lot to work on.
He is not totally house-broken yet. He is pretty good on the most part. He didn't have any accident for the first week we had him. The rawhide may have upset his stomach, and he started going inside last Sunday. Good thing it was during the MLK long weekend, so I had more time to attend to him. We now make sure he is always within sight, and take him out 4 times a day now. When his tummy feels a little better, we will begin to reduce the frequency. The vet said everything is fine, and everything tested negative for him. His sister Lucy (formerly known as Jill) is having trouble as well.
Gizmo is definitely getting more comfortable about his new home. He learned to climb the stairs (I taught him by pulling him gently with his leash on), and there was just no return. Now, every time someone walks upstairs, he follows. Sometimes I wish he isn't running up and down all the time. When I first got Lilo, she wasn't allow upstairs. And now, she doesn't go up except for bed time.

No comments:
Post a Comment