Things, like grad school and full time job, have been keeping me from blogging. So glad spring semester is over and I'm done with this huge exam, I can finally reclaim my freedom! yippie!
Because studying is such time consuming activity, I told myself I won't be fostering any dogs until June. If you know me, you know I cannot say no to a shih tzu, esp one that's black and white shih tzu that looks just like Gizmo, with that long tongue!
Here comes Tilly. She was abandoned on the side of a road in Baltimore back in April, over night in the cold. My friend Jana, who is also crazy about shih tzu, got a picture of Tilly and sent it to me right away. As soon as I saw the picture, I knew I have to help her. Tilly was a mess, matted, eyes were dried and sealed shut, ear infection, poor teeth, etc. Luckily, Mutts Matter Rescue stepped in and gave her the vet cares she desperately needed.
Tilly - the day she was rescued from the street of Baltimore. She can't even open her eyes. Poor thing!
Tilly - one week in foster care. She looks so much happier! Her eyes were still cloudy, but she could see so much more compare her first day here.
Tilly - 6 weeks in foster care. She can see pretty well thanks to eye ointments she has been getting twice a day. She feels a lot more confident and secured. She could barely walk or do steps when we first got her. Now, she loves going on long walks and walks at a good pace. She is a lot more active, even hops and runs around the house sometimes. It's all about good food and exercise.
And on June 8th, she found her family! I was expecting her to be in rescue for much longer than just mere six weeks given her medical issues (eyes, ears, fatty tumors). It's wonderful when people can see pass the surface and see the beauty inside of Tilly. She fits in very nicely with my pack, so it was hard to let her go. But I know she is in a much better place than we could have ever provided her. Good luck Tilly!

No comments:
Post a Comment